Opening of ARI Used Book Market
June 22 (Mon) – September 30 (Wed)
ARI’s popular Used Book Market will be opening again this year!
Usually the book market is held in April every year, but it was postponed this year due to the effects of COVID19.
However, we are happy to announce that the Used Book Market will be held from June 22!
All the used books start from 100 yen. The books include bestsellers, paperback books, picture books, art books, and old books, coming from all over Japan.
ARI’s Used Book Market has more than 10,000 books and many books written in English as well.
Enjoy reading new books, or nostalgic books, on the warm sunny terrace or down in the fashionable basement room.
Furthermore, this year, the Used Book Market will be held until the end of September, a little over three months!
Please feel free to drop by anytime during the summer.
【Used Book Market Schedule】
● June 22 (Mon) – September 30 (Wed)*
*This schedule may be subject to change.
● Monday – Saturday *Excluding holidays
● Open 9:00 / Close 17:00
● Nasu Seminar House (420-22 Tsukizawa, Nasushiobara City)
Requests Regarding the Opening of the Used Book Market
We would appreciate your understanding and cooperation regarding the following points to help prevent the spread of COVID19.
● Please wear a mask when visiting.
● As change will not be available at the book market, please prepare small change so you can easily purchase all the books you desire.
Request for Collecting Used Books
ARI accepts donations of used books!
Please refer to the following if you would like to send us used books.
● We are unable to accept parcels on Saturdays, Sundays, and public holidays. We ask for your cooperation to refrain from sending packages to arrive on these days so that there is no need for redelivery.
● Please refrain from sending books that are heavily damaged/dirty.
420-22 Tsukizawa, Nasushiobara-shi, Tochigi-ken
Nasu Seminar House
Used Book Market
The books you send will be carefully managed and sold.
The sales from the Used Book Market will be used for the training of rural leaders at ARI.
Thank you for kind your support.
The Asian Rural Institute has been financially affected by the spread of COVID19. To help continue the Rural Leaders Training Program for participants from Asia and Africa, we ask for your continued support.